Sunday, September 2, 2012

Things I know 365 days later

1.  I know that I love the Lord despite how people behave towards me.

2.  I know that my kids got their dad back almost immediately.  Worth. It. All.

3.  I know that the job my husband has now is nothing short of the mighty power of God restoring him.

4.  I know while the grief may never leave, it gets easier.  Little by little the bitterness is receding, I don't wake up feeling wronged, or wondering what is being said or what someone thinks.

5.  I know that the Lord is faithful.  Never once did He let us feel lost or out of His grasp.  Never.

6.  I know that I have never felt such complete peace in an instant as we did on that day 365 days ago (well, on August 28th.  It's taken me a while to compose this post).

7.  I know that when you let the Lord fight your battles, it may not turn out the way you want or anticipate, but it will turn out the way that is best.

8.  I know that there are some friends that are there regardless.  Through thick and thin.  They don't ask questions, they don't judge.  They are priceless.

9.  I know that nothing is a surprise to God.  He knows what is coming, and He knows how to handle it.  He does not need our help or guidance.

10.  I know that I am jaded on the church.  I don't care about programs or committees or growth principles.  I care about Jesus and knowing Him more.  The rest...eh.

11.  I know that I am thankful for our new church family and the leadership.  I am thankful for the place to heal, be loved and worship...with no pressure.

12.  I know that our family is resilient.  I know that we love each other, serve each other and are for each other.

13.  I know that the delete button and unfriend button can be quite therapeutic.

14.  I know that what we experienced is not the church that Jesus died for.

15.  I know that I can't wait to see the Lord has for the upcoming years.  He is everything to me.

1 comment: